I've been trying to clean up my nodes.pp file, and I broke my puppet
installation. :) What I have is a tcpwrappers module that has the
following in the hosts.allow template:

<% if scope.compiler.classlist.include?("tftp") then %>in.tftpd: ALL<%
end %>

The following works as I would expect (the "in.tftpd: ALL" line is in
hosts.allow):

node default {
if ($hostname == 'toolbox') {
class {'tftp': }
}
class {'tcpwrappers': stage => 'post' }
}

However, the following does not (even though the tcpwrappers module does
run after the tftp module):

node 'toolbox' {
class {'tftp': }
}

node default {
class {'tcpwrappers': stage => 'post' }
}

Help?

...dave

  • Stephen Gran at Mar 3, 2013 at 7:43 am
    Hi,

    Your problem is that node default is never matched. You could say

    node toolbox inherits default {

    Or you could stop hurting yourself, and use something like concat to
    manage hosts.allow. Then the tftp module could contribute a line to the
    file when it's included.

    Cheers,
[...]

    Senior Systems Integrator - guardian.co.uk

    Visit guardian.co.uk - website of the year

    www.guardian.co.uk www.observer.co.uk www.guardiannews.com

    On your mobile, visit m.guardian.co.uk or download the Guardian
    iPhone app www.guardian.co.uk/iphone and iPad edition www.guardian.co.uk/iPad

    Save up to 32% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the papers you want and get full digital access.
    Visit guardian.co.uk/subscribe

    This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
    be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
    the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
    Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
    the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

    Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
    viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
    e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

    Guardian News & Media Limited

    A member of Guardian Media Group plc
    Registered Office
    PO Box 68164