Hello,

I'm trying to manage a properties file used by a java program with augeas.
I'm using PE 2.7.1 on a CentOS 5 machine.

Sample content is:
# Sample file /home/acrews/test.properties
session.securityLevel.createSession=10
session.securityLevel.listFiles=10
low.session.timeout=15
# eof

I want to change createSession from 10 to 11.

my puppet code is:

augeas { "test":
lens => "Property.lns",
incl => "/home/acrews/test.properties",
changes => [ "set session.securityLevel.createSession 11" ],
load_path => "/home/acrews/lens",
}

I grabbed the properties lens from
https://raw.github.com/maestrodev/augeas/af585c7e29560306f23938b3ba15aa1104951f7f/lenses/properties.aug
(since that is more robust than the one found on my system) and put it
in /home/acrews/lens.

When I run puppet, it fails to update the file:

debug: Augeas[test](provider=augeas): Opening augeas with root /, lens
path /home/acrews/lens, flags 64
debug: Augeas[test](provider=augeas): Augeas version 0.10.0 is installed
debug: Augeas[test](provider=augeas): Will attempt to save and only
run if files changed
debug: Augeas[test](provider=augeas): sending command 'set' with
params ["/files/home/acrews/test.properties/session.securityLevel.createSession",
"11"]
debug: Augeas[test](provider=augeas): Closed the augeas connection
err: /Stage[main]//Augeas[test]: Could not evaluate: Save failed with
return code false

Full output is at: http://pastebin.com/pa5MWYGH

I can't figure out why it is failing. Does anyone have any pointers
on how to make this work?

Thanks
-Adam

  • Dominic Cleal at Feb 27, 2013 at 9:43 am

    I'm trying to manage a properties file used by a java program with augeas.
    I'm using PE 2.7.1 on a CentOS 5 machine.

    Sample content is:
    # Sample file /home/acrews/test.properties
    session.securityLevel.createSession=10
    session.securityLevel.listFiles=10
    low.session.timeout=15
    # eof

    I want to change createSession from 10 to 11.

    my puppet code is:

    augeas { "test":
    lens => "Property.lns",
    This line doesn't look correct, it should be Properties.lns to match the
    module you downloaded.

    --
    Dominic Cleal
    Red Hat Engineering