Hi all,
I have puppet running well, and for the Windows servers in our environment
it manages files, contents and services. Is it possible to manage Task
Scheduler through puppet?
The task is in xml format (an export from an existing task), which puppet
can ensure exists in a directory somewhere. However, I cannot find a way
of having Puppet import the xml into the Scheduler itself and confirm it is
running. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Many thanks,
David H.

  • Paul Tötterman at Feb 13, 2013 at 11:11 am
    Hi David,

    Is it possible to manage Task Scheduler through puppet?

    Yes: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#scheduledtask

    Cheers,
    Paul

  • David Hartog at Feb 20, 2013 at 9:44 am
    Thanks for the link.

    The basic puppet options don't cover enough of the task options - but they
    are available in an xml (as exported from Task Scheduler). Do you know if
    there is an option to have a task from an exported xml file on puppet (or
    how to request it)?

    Thanks,
    David.