How do I reference my custom created facts (distributed via pluginsync)? I
tried Facter[:custom_fact].value, but this does not seem to work - it
always returns the value for the fact on master.

  • Jcbollinger at Feb 12, 2013 at 2:24 pm

    How do I reference my custom created facts (distributed via pluginsync)? I
    tried Facter[:custom_fact].value, but this does not seem to work - it
    always returns the value for the fact on master.
    Node facts, both custom and built-in, manifest as the top-scope Puppet
    variables. You should be able to access them via
    scope.lookupvar('::custom_fact').

    John

  • Andriy Yurchuk at Feb 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    That worked, thanks a lot John.