When I was trying to run the puppet client I was getting this error
*adminuser@ubuntu:~$ sudo puppet agent --server puppet-master.merchii.com
--waitforcert 180 --test*
*err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: SSL_connect returned=1
errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed.
This is often because the time is out of sync on the server or client*
*warning: Not using cache on failed catalog*
*err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run*
*err: Could not send report: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3
read server certificate B: certificate verify failed. This is often
because the time is out of sync on the server or client*
*
*
*In order to solve this I have removed the certificates on both the server
and client. I have NTP also and config it. But i could not solve it *
*
*
*please provide me a way to solve it *

  • Felix Frank at Feb 14, 2013 at 11:58 am
    Hi,

    it's not really certain that you are looking at a timing issue.

    I suggest using openssl s_client -connect puppet-master.merchii.com:8140
    and make sure that the certificate presented matches what the agent has
    cached.

    That's a first debugging step. In whole, you should examine all involved
    certificates to see what is out of order here.

    HTH,
    Felix