Hi everyone,

I started testing out the puppetlabs/apache module from forge on a Fedora
18 server and noticed it doesn't have multiple version support for apache.
Fedora 18 runs apache 2.4 and there are a few of modules that don't exist
any more and a few config changes.

I was pondering forking the module on github and adding attempting to add
support for apache 2.4 but I thought I would check if anyone is working on
this before I proceed.

Good work on the module by the way.

Pete.

  • Peter Brown at Feb 12, 2013 at 6:19 am
    Just letting people know I have made a start on this.
    It seems the best way to achieve it is to write a custom fact or two and a
    couple of functions.
    Will setup a fork of the code soon and put my results in it.

    I will post a link to my fork if anyone wants to help test once I have it
    setup.

    I started testing out the puppetlabs/apache module from forge on a Fedora
    18 server and noticed it doesn't have multiple version support for apache.
    Fedora 18 runs apache 2.4 and there are a few of modules that don't exist
    any more and a few config changes.

    I was pondering forking the module on github and adding attempting to add
    support for apache 2.4 but I thought I would check if anyone is working on
    this before I proceed.

    Good work on the module by the way.

    Pete.
  • Pawel Tomulik at Jul 23, 2013 at 2:31 pm
    Pete,

    do you have any info regarding 2.4 support? Have you been successful with
    creating the fork mentioned?
    I'm playing with FreeBSD (9.x+) support and wish to have apache 2.4 at once.

    Just letting people know I have made a start on this.
    It seems the best way to achieve it is to write a custom fact or two and a
    couple of functions.
    Will setup a fork of the code soon and put my results in it.

    I will post a link to my fork if anyone wants to help test once I have it
    setup.

    I started testing out the puppetlabs/apache module from forge on a Fedora
    18 server and noticed it doesn't have multiple version support for apache.
    Fedora 18 runs apache 2.4 and there are a few of modules that don't exist
    any more and a few config changes.

    I was pondering forking the module on github and adding attempting to add
    support for apache 2.4 but I thought I would check if anyone is working on
    this before I proceed.

    Good work on the module by the way.

    Pete.
  • Pete Brown at Jul 24, 2013 at 6:25 am
    Hi,

    I did fork the repo and submitted a pull request but I don't think it
    has been merged yet.
    My for is here if that helps. https://github.com/rendhalver/puppetlabs-apache

    I have been pretty busy lately and I haven't had a chance to chase up
    what is happening.