Hi All.

I would like to remove packages in a specified order because they are
connected with dependencies.
I use:
#cat /etc/redhat-release;uname -r
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64
#rpm -qa | grep -i puppet
puppet-3.1.0-1.el6.noarch

In my module manifest:
class base::dell {
..
package { "Lib_Utils": ensure => absent }
package { "MegaCli": ensure => absent }
..
}
Is there a way to ensure that MegaCli will be uninstalled before Lib_Utils
and then Lib_Utils will be removed? How can I in puppet language enforce
package dependencies in this case?

Best regards,
Rafal Radecki.

  • Steve foster at Feb 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    Hi Rafal,

    the before meta-parameter would help you here:

    package{ 'Lib_Utils':
    ensure => absent,
    before => Package['MegaCli'],
    }

    Cheers

    Steve
    I would like to remove packages in a specified order because they are
    connected with dependencies.
    I use:
    #cat /etc/redhat-release;uname -r
    CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
    2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64
    #rpm -qa | grep -i puppet
    puppet-3.1.0-1.el6.noarch

    In my module manifest:
    class base::dell {
    ..
    package { "Lib_Utils": ensure => absent }
    package { "MegaCli": ensure => absent }
    ..
    }
    Is there a way to ensure that MegaCli will be uninstalled before Lib_Utils
    and then Lib_Utils will be removed? How can I in puppet language enforce
    package dependencies in this case?

    Best regards,
    Rafal Radecki.
  • Jcbollinger at Feb 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm