I have the same issue right now trying to connect a puppet master on CENTOS
6 and an agent on Red Hat 4.
Did you finally found a solution??

Il giorno giovedì 10 marzo 2011 15:18:10 UTC+1, Romgo ha scritto:
Hello,

I am trying to configure a new puppet server on Debian Squeeze, so the
server version will be 2.6.2-4.
I am trying to configure a client running Lenny, the puppet version is
0.25.4-2

I declare the new client with the command :

#puppetd --server puppet.domain.tld --waitforcert 60 --test

on the server :

#puppetca --sign client.domain.tld

When the client finish to execute the first command I have the following
output :

*****
info: Caching certificate for host.domain.tld
info: Retrieving plugin
info: Caching certificate_revocation_list for ca
err: /File[/var/lib/puppet/lib]: Failed to retrieve current state of
resource: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
puppet://puppet.domain.tld/plugins
info: Caching catalog for host.domain.tld
info: Applying configuration version '1299765672'
info: Creating state file /var/lib/puppet/state/state.yaml
notice: Finished catalog run in 0.01 seconds
*****

Then if I run on the client :

# puppetd -vt

I get a certificate error :

*****
info: Retrieving plugin
err: /File[/var/lib/puppet/lib]: Failed to generate additional resources
using 'eval_generate': SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read
server certificate B: certificate verify failed
err: /File[/var/lib/puppet/lib]: Failed to retrieve current state of
resource: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server
certificate B: certificate verify failed Could not retrieve file metadata
for puppet://puppet/plugins: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3
read server certificate B: certificate verify failed
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: SSL_connect returned=1
errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

****

I read some post about such error, date is sync between the server and
client (using the same ntp server).

Any help appreciated !

Hugo

  • Joel Merrick at Feb 11, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Yes, use a hostname that exists? puppet.domain.tld is just an example FQDN.
    Point it at the hostname of your puppet master.

[...]

    $ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'