This is very useful! Thanks for sharing!
On Friday, June 24, 2011 3:03:34 AM UTC-4, Nan Liu wrote:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Patrick wrote:
Is there anywhere that lists the available built-in variables aside
from facter and
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/faq.html#are-there-variables-available-other-than-those-provided-by-facter
?
Pretty sure that's it. You can dump all variables in scope via:
notice(inline_template("<%= scope.to_hash %>"))

This isn't perfect, but should give you the subset: (since facter
value such as uptime changes, and in agent/master mode this is totally
wrong unless it's on the same system)
notice(inline_template("<%= (scope.to_hash.to_a -
Facter.to_hash.to_a).to_yaml %>")

This obviously will be different if the notice is in a module, a
class, a define, $caller_module, $module_name would only be present if
the notice is in the appropriate location.
I'm referring to variables like $title and $name, which are mentioned
by
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/language_guide.html#defined-resource-types
,
but are there any others?
Anyhow this is what I got back using puppet apply (trimming some extras):

- - clientversion
- 2.6.4 (Puppet Enterprise 1.0)
- - clientcert
- pe-master.localdomain