I guess mcollective supports only linux and similar OS. It does not
have a package for Solaris or even a way to create a package from
standard tar file. Can someone suggest any other tool?

Regards,
Rajeev

  • Kavitha C K2006 at Feb 7, 2013 at 9:31 am
    Hi,

    There is a tools called "Ansible" , I think it works on solaris

    Kavitha

    I guess mcollective supports only linux and similar OS. It does not
    have a package for Solaris or even a way to create a package from
    standard tar file. Can someone suggest any other tool?

    Regards,
    Rajeev
  • DreamBig at Feb 7, 2013 at 10:01 am
    Thanks..
    There is a tools called "Ansible" , I think it works on solaris

    Kavitha

    I guess mcollective supports only linux and similar OS. It does not
    have a package for Solaris or even a way to create a package from
    standard tar file. Can someone suggest any other tool?
    Regards,
    Rajeev
  • Derek Olsen at Feb 7, 2013 at 9:42 pm
    Rajeev.

    We run mcollective in a 100% Solaris shop. We have not encountered
    any Solaris specific issues. Email me if you want the steps we use
    to build the Solaris packages.

    Thanks. Derek.

    There is a tools called "Ansible" , I think it works on solaris
    Kavitha
    I guess mcollective supports only linux and similar OS. It does not
    have a package for Solaris or even a way to create a package from
    standard tar file. Can someone suggest any other tool?
    Regards,
    Rajeev
  • Andreas Dvorak at Jan 31, 2014 at 11:02 am
    Hi Derek,

    can you please explain who to build the Solaris package?

    Best regards
    Andreas