I'm hoping someone else has experienced the error. The puppetmaster and
agent are on the same system and its having trouble pulling the facter
variables. I've got storedconfigs on MySQL and the last time this happened
I deleted the configs and it started working again. This pops up every
couple of months, any suggestions on how to resolve the issue, maybe a
misconfiguration? Master and agent on the same system ok?

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: No
managed repo yet for this distro. at
/etc/puppet/modules/yum/manifests/init.pp:54 on node
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

  • Mailing Lists at Feb 5, 2013 at 9:37 pm
    After investigating a little futhur I found that the yaml file for this
    node (and puppetmaster) has only time stamps:

    --- !ruby/object:Puppet::Node
    classes: []
    expiration: 2013-02-05 16:52:21.747019 -05:00
    name: node
    parameters:
    environment: production
    "--- !ruby/sym _timestamp":
    - 2013-02-05 14:05:44
    - 2013-02-05 13:58:05
    - 2013-02-05 13:28:06
    - 2013-02-05 12:58:06
    - 2013-02-05 12:28:06
    - 2013-02-05 11:58:06
    - 2013-02-05 11:28:12
    - 2013-02-05 11:28:12
    - 2013-02-05 10:58:06
    - 2013-02-05 10:28:04
    - 2013-02-05 09:58:04
    - 2013-02-05 09:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 08:58:04
    - 2013-02-05 08:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 08:26:45
    - 2013-02-05 07:58:05
    - 2013-02-05 10:58:06
    - 2013-02-05 10:28:04
    - 2013-02-05 09:58:04
    - 2013-02-05 09:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 08:58:04
    - 2013-02-05 08:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 08:26:45
    - 2013-02-05 07:58:05
    - 2013-02-05 07:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 07:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 06:58:05
    - 2013-02-05 06:28:05
    - 2013-02-05 05:58:04
    - 2013-02-05 05:28:04

    Instead of having populating facts/node information like the other nodes:

    --- !ruby/object:Puppet::Node
    classes: []
    environment: &id001 production
    expiration: 2013-02-05 16:51:05.079351 -05:00
    name: node1
    parameters:
    swapfree: 3.97 GB

    Can anyone explain to me why this happens?
    I'm hoping someone else has experienced the error. The puppetmaster and
    agent are on the same system and its having trouble pulling the facter
    variables. I've got storedconfigs on MySQL and the last time this happened
    I deleted the configs and it started working again. This pops up every
    couple of months, any suggestions on how to resolve the issue, maybe a
    misconfiguration? Master and agent on the same system ok?
    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
    No managed repo yet for this distro. at
    /etc/puppet/modules/yum/manifests/init.pp:54 on node
    warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
    err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
  • AJR at Feb 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    Removing the node from MySQL resolved the issue, wish someone could
    elaborate why this happens every few months?