Hi all,

I'm a newbie in puppet
I read the documentation and according to me, puppet is a language to
manage OS and to check compliance to OS template.

I read that puppet enterprise can deploy Vmware vm template and Amazon EC2
VM.

But it seem's that puppet core can't deploy physical server
The only way I imagine is to build a pxe server, and images including
puppet agent.
Is it correct ?

I'm looking for an open source tool supported tool by a company to deploy
physical and VM servers, on Linux and Windows.

Thank you
ML.

  • Ohad Levy at Feb 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm

    I read the documentation and according to me, puppet is a language to
    manage OS and to check compliance to OS template.

    I read that puppet enterprise can deploy Vmware vm template and Amazon EC2
    VM.

    But it seem's that puppet core can't deploy physical server
    The only way I imagine is to build a pxe server, and images including
    puppet agent.
    Is it correct ?

    I'm looking for an open source tool supported tool by a company to deploy
    physical and VM servers, on Linux and Windows.
    Checkout http://theforeman.org

    Ohad

    Thank you
    ML.