Using a command line, Is it possible to get a report for a node,
report stored on server, or to get the last_run_report stored on
agent ?

I try using the REST API but I did not succeed.

After a build, our application is installed on a testbed using pupet
and when the application is installed, some tests and others
processing are running.

I thought to use the REST API to know when the node is in resquested
status and when the application is installed but maybe there is
another way. Is there ?

I looked to puppetdb and dashboard API, but I did not understand that
they could fill my needs.

I know that I can define a report processor specially for that, but if
I do that I do not know if I wll be abble to display report in a
console like foreman or to define another report processor.

  • GRANIER Bernard (MORPHO) at Jan 31, 2013 at 2:33 pm
    This post receive no answer, so I imagine that there is no API to know if a node has the state defined by manifest or if manifests have been applied without error ...

    Not so cool ...

    Cordialement,

    Bernard Granier
    CE Plateforme Système
    bernard.granier@morpho.com
    01 58 11 32 51

    Hi,

    Using a command line, Is it possible to get a report for a node, report stored on server, or to get the last_run_report stored on agent ?

    I try using the REST API but I did not succeed.

    After a build, our application is installed on a testbed using pupet and when the application is installed, some tests and others processing are running.

    I thought to use the REST API to know when the node is in resquested status and when the application is installed but maybe there is another way. Is there ?

    I looked to puppetdb and dashboard API, but I did not understand that they could fill my needs.

    I know that I can define a report processor specially for that, but if I do that I do not know if I wll be abble to display report in a console like foreman or to define another report processor.

    #
    " This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
    #

  • Keith Burdis at Jan 31, 2013 at 3:22 pm
    Perhaps 'puppet node' is what you're looking for?

    $ sudo puppet node status $(facter fqdn)
    [sudo] password for kburdis:
    lnxmgt-01.domain
    Currently active
    Last catalog: 2013-01-31T14:57:22.518Z
    Last facts: 2013-01-31T14:57:14.732Z

    To get more info you'll can install PuppetDB and that's as simple as:

    # puppet module install puppetlabs/puppetdb

    Then update auth.conf to make the inventory service accessible:

    # vim /etc/puppet/auth.conf
    # Permit all access to the facts endpoint:
    # (Note that this will allow access to both facts and facts_search, since
    the
    # path is read as a prefix.)
    path /facts
    auth any
    method find, search
    allow *

    Then you can query data about your nodes - for example:

    $ PUPPETMASTER_HOST=$(facter fqdn)
    $ PUPPETMASTER_PORT=443
    $ MYNODE=$(facter fqdn)
    $ *curl -k -H "Accept: yaml"
    https://${PUPPETMASTER_HOST}:${PUPPETMASTER_PORT}/production/facts/${MYNODE}
    head*
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time
    Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left
    Speed
    100 3630 100 3630 0 0 31795 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
    708k
    --- !ruby/object:Puppet::Node::Facts
    expiration: 2013-01-31 15:27:14.027384 +00:00
    name: lnxmgt-01.domain
    values:
    sshrsakey:
    "AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAnIMv0+l7LqSC2uNHBTTZVex/2o4E9H1zgieVlM7VZIvmieHPb7Kl/FtgFrqr7C13u2HiNHO67yOVZkMyFjIfR8ywtHyNr8kEQcKQCDJNtixXQHRqRVFRr0yg/+ptRfP0Ajix0nUle2oDa0KZbQc5sFjBkvAOdej99UXEL2TD7yNFnzz4fU9SpV+VBfRUjkFGxrmN6TlJuaugtij7+P9tX4I/CoW/8/LWIRVKjA6cX+NVC3g3v5982JWcesd3S5fwP6do655dZtKaeiFzhqE5KscIhTRUOGjAKGZJ2yfW3DeaaH7V1mPbEuHSw5Elk+m9JBpHrHqDMfxCPleCEY9LDQ=="
    is_virtual: "true"
    swapfree: "3.47 GB"
    augeasversion: "0.9.0"
    netmask_lo: "255.0.0.0"
    hardwaremodel: x86_64

    See http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/inventory_service.html for more
    details.

    - Keith

[...]

  • GRANIER Bernard (MORPHO) at Jan 31, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    Ok a great thanks for the answer

    Cordialement,

    Bernard Granier
    CE Plateforme Système
    bernard.granier@morpho.com
    01 58 11 32 51

    $ curl -k -H "Accept: yaml" https://${PUPPETMASTER_HOST}:${PUPPETMASTER_PORT}/production/facts/${MYNODE}<https://$%7bPUPPETMASTER_HOST%7d:$%7bPUPPETMASTER_PORT%7d/production/facts/$%7bMYNODE%7d> | head