This is the third time I've sent a message about this. Does anybody know
what's going on? I'm going to file a bug if this isn't fixed soon.

RHEL6:
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from puppetlabs-products:
[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

RHEL5:
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from puppetlabs-products:
[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I can get around it by setting "http_caching=none" in yum.conf but that
*really* sucks.

If I'm being stupid and there's an obvious solution to my problem, I beg of
you to tell me what it us and humiliate me in front of the entire Puppet
users community. I'd be so happy.

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez

  • Nielsen, Steve at Jan 29, 2013 at 5:28 pm
    Try running this: yum clean all

    Steve

    http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from puppetlabs-products: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

    I can get around it by setting "http_caching=none" in yum.conf but that *really* sucks.

    If I'm being stupid and there's an obvious solution to my problem, I beg of you to tell me what it us and humiliate me in front of the entire Puppet users community. I'd be so happy.

    --
    \*..+.-
    --Greg Chavez
    +//..;};

    Steve Nielsen VP, Open Source Engineering | comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCOR)

    o +1 (312) 775-6473 | f +1 (312) 775-6495 | snielsen@comscore.com

    Introducing Mobile Metrix 2.0 - The next generation of mobile behavioral measurement
    www.comscore.com/MobileMetrix<http://www.comscore.com/Products_Services/Product_Index/Mobile_Metrix_2.0>

  • Greg Chavez at Jan 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm
    I've run yum clean all a hundred times, but that's besides the point since
    I only notice the problem on new systems. The build system (Cobbler)
    installs the latest puppet-release rpm for each node, then instantiates
    Puppet. It's worked like butter for over a year.

  • Jakov Sosic at Jun 29, 2013 at 5:54 pm

    I've run yum clean all a hundred times, but that's besides the point
    since I only notice the problem on new systems. The build system
    (Cobbler) installs the latest puppet-release rpm for each node, then
    instantiates Puppet. It's worked like butter for over a year.
    Then simply sync puppet repos to Cobbler via mirrorsync.

    --
    Jakov Sosic
    www.srce.unizg.hr

  • Scott Anderson at Jan 29, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    I had to not use the puppet repos to get it to work.. but this is on centos
    5 and 6.
[...]

    The most essential quality for leadership is not perfection,
    but credibility. People must be able to trust you, or
    they won't follow you.
  • Matthaus Owens at Jan 29, 2013 at 6:44 pm
    Are you behind any sort of proxy that might be caching metadata?