I took an hour this morning to document how I use Vagrant and Puppet together to provision development VMs as well as more production-like systems. This may be entirely elementary to folks who are more fluent with Puppet, but this is an example I thought was lacking.

https://github.com/blalor/vagrant-puppet-example

I welcome feedback and criticism of this setup. I'm looking to minimize the difference between local development environments and production systems as much as possible.

Thanks,
Brian

  • Felipe Salum at Jan 30, 2013 at 7:01 am
    I have done something similar, installing puppet master, puppetdb and a few
    nodes for testing, everything via vagrant.

    https://github.com/fsalum/vagrant-puppet

    Felipe

    I took an hour this morning to document how I use Vagrant and Puppet
    together to provision development VMs as well as more production-like
    systems. This may be entirely elementary to folks who are more fluent with
    Puppet, but this is an example I thought was lacking.

    https://github.com/blalor/vagrant-puppet-example

    I welcome feedback and criticism of this setup. I'm looking to minimize
    the difference between local development environments and production
    systems as much as possible.

    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Keith Burdis at Jan 30, 2013 at 8:48 am
    Thank you both for sharing details of your Vagrant setups. This will
    certainly save me some time.

    - Keith

    https://github.com/blalor/**vagrant-puppet-example<https://github.com/blalor/vagrant-puppet-example>