I have looked at a lots of threads in the Puppet User group but I did not
find a clear answer or explanation how custom functions work....
Here is my current setup :
* I have *2 "environments"*. working fine
* I have a version of my function already working in production
* According to the documentation, *"functions" are executed on puppet
So I put my *new version* into
/var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/parser/functions/myfunction.rb on the master.
My new version is also present in /etc/puppet/*environments/test*/modules/mymodule/lib/puppet/parser/function/myfunction.rb
and synced to the agent via "pluginsync"
* When I run my puppet agent on my "test" environment, I get the expected
So I merged my changes in the "production" environment.
* Now when I run my agent on the "production" Environment, I get the
behavior of the previous version of my function.
If I run the agent right away against the "test" environment, I get again
the expected behavior...
I checked the files in both environment through md5sum and they are the
And the /var/lib... on the master is also the same....
So, how exactly does it work ?
More details :
- Debian Squeeze
- Puppet 2.6.2
- Apache + Passenger Front End
Thanks a lot for your answers !
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/ZWrXc2QQ5p8J.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.