Hello all,

I'm looking for a puppet package for FreeBSD either 6.3 or 7.3. I couldn't
find out on the web but if someone has done it before, please let me know
where to look for the packages or instructions of how to port Puppet source
into FreeBSD.

Thanks.

  • Worker Bee at Jan 18, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Did you try using the Puppet ports available? This is what I used and
    they work fine. However, I am on 8.2 and 8.3.
    If you want to create packages to distribute to servers that may not have
    internet connectivity to do portsnaps, you can install the port on a box
    and then create packages using that..

    For example, grab the port and install on an build server...
    Then. cd to the ports dir (probably /usr/local/ports/sysutils/puppet)

    # make package-recursive

    This will make the package and all of it's dependencies. The packages will
    be in /usr/ports/packages/ALL.

    I then placed all of the packages on a web server for distribution.
    If you set the env variable, PACKAGESITE to the full url of the web server
    where you place the packages, you can install from there...

    #pkg_add -v -r <package name)

    Anyway, this is what i did and it worked.

    Bee