I'm reasonably confident that the problem I'm having here is upstream.
  RHEL5:

# yum repolist | grep puppet
puppetlabs-deps Puppet Labs Dependencies El 5 - x86_64
  45
puppetlabs-products Puppet Labs Products El 5 - x86_64
161

# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: security
Cleaning up Everything

# yum repolist 2>&1 | grep puppet
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
puppetlabs-deps Puppet Labs Dependencies El 5 - x86_64
  45
puppetlabs-products Puppet Labs Products El 5 - x86_64
   0

Same on RHEL6. Insidious problem. Only noticed it because I was kicking
some systems today.

Should I report this as a bug?

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez

  • Matthaus Owens at Jan 17, 2013 at 11:15 pm
    Greg,
    I've updated the metadata on our end. Please let me know if your
    problem still persists, and we can dig a little deeper into what might
    be going on.
[...]

    Release Manager, Puppet Labs

  • Greg Chavez at Jan 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm
    Fixed it. Thanks.

    :
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2
    :
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    puppetlabs-deps Puppet Labs Dependencies El 5 - x86_64
    45
    puppetlabs-products Puppet Labs Products El 5 - x86_64

    Same on RHEL6. Insidious problem. Only noticed it because I was kicking
    some systems today.

    Should I report this as a bug?

    --
    \*..+.-
    --Greg Chavez
    +//..;};

    Matthaus Owens
    Release Manager, Puppet Labs

    \*..+.-
    --Greg Chavez
    +//..;};

  • Kristopher Spring at Jan 23, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    I'm getting these errors when trying to provision a Centos 6.3 box:
    puppetlabs-products/primary_db | 70 kB
    00:00
    http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from puppetlabs-products:
    [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

    I have another box that it appears to be working fine from. I've tried a
    'yum clean all' and even a restart to no avail. This definitely worked 2
    days ago doing a very simliar thing. Thoughts on what my problem might be?

    On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Greg Chavez <greg....@gmail.com<javascript:>>
[...]

  • Kristopher Spring at Jan 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Alrighty, I didn't change a thing on my end but the problems seems to have
    magically resolved itself this morning.
[...]

  • Jakov Sosic at Jul 1, 2013 at 5:29 pm

    Alrighty, I didn't change a thing on my end but the problems seems to
    have magically resolved itself this morning.
    Probably some http cache in front of your server...