Hi, guys.

I have two somewhat related questions:

1) Is the package puppetlabs-dashboard open to contributions? I'm using a particular version which creates a 127.0.0.1:8083 virtualhost for dealing with client report uploads, and uses puppet's own cert to serve the dashboard on port 8082 (this allows for PuppetDB on the same machine). Do you think that any of this could be useful additions to the official package?

2) I saw the comment:

# Note: SELinux on Redhat needs to be set separately to allow access to the
# puppet-dashboard.
#

On the Dashboard manifest, and in fact got problems from SELinux using the package. I managed it by changing some file resources to set seltype "httpd_sys_content_t".

What would be the cleanest way to test for SELinux BEFORE using things like seltype? Would a simple "case $selinux_current_mode" be acceptable?

Regards,
Carlos "Bill" Nilton, M.Sc.
CISSP, RHCE, ITIL
http://carlosnilton.com.br/