I have one older server where the physical NIC port for eth0 won't hold the CAT5 cable in place, so I use the other NIC port, eth1, and have eth0 disabled/turned off

Facts ipaddress and netmask accurately duplicate ipaddress_eth1 and netmask_eth1, but macaddress is a duplicate of macaddress_eth0

I was expecting the same mechanism that makes ipaddress === ipaddress_eth1 would make macaddress === macaddress_eth1

Any clues ?

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

  • Jcbollinger at Jan 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm