Hi:
I work on puppet 3 and hiera, but i cannt load a yaml file on a subdir.
my hiera.yaml looks like:
---
:backends:
   - yaml
   - json
:yaml:
   :datadir: /etc/puppet/hieradata
:json:
   :datadir: /etc/puppet/hieradata
:hierarchy:
   - "servidores/%{clientcert}"
   - %{::ve}
   - common
:puppet:
   :datasource: data

problem is on "servidores/%{clientcert}". If it is %{::clientcert} and file
is on root dir ( /etc/puppet/hieradata), everithing works fine. If i try to
use a subdir, no mather what i use, it fails.

what i doing wrong ?

thanks in advance

  • Jakov Sosic at Jun 29, 2013 at 2:26 pm

    problem is on "servidores/%{clientcert}". If it is %{::clientcert} and
    file is on root dir ( /etc/puppet/hieradata), everithing works fine. If
    i try to use a subdir, no mather what i use, it fails.

    what i doing wrong ?

    Try without quotes. This works for me:

    ossec/%{hostname}

    --