Hello,

I am trying to set up a simple ENC, but definitely missing pieces because
of which the client data is not propagated to the master. Any help is
appreciated. Here is what I do after following some of puppetlab docs
(which is not very verbose TBH) :

In the puppet-master the yaml containing client data is sitting in,

/var/lib/enc/node_name.yaml

contains,

~]# /usr/local/bin/enclassfier node_name
---
environment:
classes:
- defaultcls
- dyd::agents

/usr/local/bin/enclassifier is a simple bash script that catenate the
content of "node_name.yaml".

puppet.conf on the puppet-master contains these two extra lines :

node_terminus = exec
external_nodes = /usr/local/bin/enclassifier

site.pp is made empty with no node definition for node 'node_name'.

Now running puppet agent on "node_name" ends up with the following error :

puppet agent --server=puppet --onetime --verbose --no-daemonize
Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Could not find default node or by name with 'node_name' on node node_name

What is missing in this configuration ?

Thanks for any suggestion or any pointer to a good example set.

  • Iamauser at Jan 10, 2013 at 10:07 pm
    Just to add :

    I am using puppet-3.0.2x

  • Gary Larizza at Jan 10, 2013 at 10:07 pm
    What happens when you run `/usr/local/bin/enclassifier node_name`as the
    puppet user?

[...]

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer

  • Iamauser at Jan 10, 2013 at 10:13 pm