I have some trouble in working with Puppet and really need your help.

The situation is: I have a configuration file, with two parts: One part is
need to be updated from Puppet Master. Another part is some agent-based
configuration and I don't want it to be updated from Puppet Master.

I do some "exec" command in the manifest but it seems not working in order.

Any other solutions??

Thanks in advance!

  • Ryan Coleman at Jan 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm
    Hello,

    Is there a particular need to use an exec for managing your files?

    Have you considered using templates or managing the static files directly?
    Here's a doc on templates:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/templates.html

    If that doesn't work for you, please be more specific as to what problem
    you are trying to solve and we'll try to help.

    --Ryan

    Ryan Coleman | Modules & Forge | @ryanycoleman | ryancoleman in #puppet