I have a module which i have deployed under /opt/puppet/modules folder & i
want to deploy it to agent node.

I tried using "puppet agent -t" but module was not installed. Can anybody
help me on how to install a module from master to agent node?

Regards.

  • Peter Bukowinski at Jan 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    No modules or classes are applied by default so you will need to tell puppet what to do.

    In this case, you can run the following from the agent (where module_class is the name of the class the module applies):

    puppet apply -e 'include module_class'

    Alternatively, you can put the following in site.pp and your node will pick up the module class automatically:

    node 'nodename.domain.org' {
    include module_class
    }

    -- Peter (from phone)