Hy,

I am just starting with Puppet, and install a test bed with community
version, one master and 8 clients.

I wonder if WebRick is used only of master-agents communication or
does WebRick provides a web application usable by human with a web
browser ?

Thank's for any helps

Bernard

  • Sam Kottler at Jan 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm
    Hi and welcome!

    The puppet master itself is a simple rack application so webrick is the
    default rack server. You can use any application server that is
    Rack-compatible; Apache w/ Passenger is also a very common configuration.

    There is not a web interface by default, but there are a number of tools
    that provide a web UI for managing your Puppet infrastructure, like Foreman
    [1] and Puppet Enterprise [2].

    Hope that helps!

    1. http://theforeman.org
    2. http://puppetlabs.com/puppet/puppet-enterprise/
    I am just starting with Puppet, and install a test bed with community
    version, one master and 8 clients.

    I wonder if WebRick is used only of master-agents communication or
    does WebRick provides a web application usable by human with a web
    browser ?

    Thank's for any helps

    Bernard

  • GRANIER Bernard (MORPHO) at Jan 7, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    Hi,

    Thanks for your answer, in the same time, I installed puppet dashboard.

    Now I will try my first deployment test and I will see :)

    Cordialement,

    Bernard Granier
    CE Plateforme Système
    bernard.granier@morpho.com
    01 58 11 32 51

    The puppet master itself is a simple rack application so webrick is the default rack server. You can use any application server that is Rack-compatible; Apache w/ Passenger is also a very common configuration.

    There is not a web interface by default, but there are a number of tools that provide a web UI for managing your Puppet infrastructure, like Foreman [1] and Puppet Enterprise [2].

    Hope that helps!

    1. http://theforeman.org
    2. http://puppetlabs.com/puppet/puppet-enterprise/

    I am just starting with Puppet, and install a test bed with community
    version, one master and 8 clients.

    I wonder if WebRick is used only of master-agents communication or
    does WebRick provides a web application usable by human with a web
    browser ?

    Thank's for any helps

    Bernard

    #
    " This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
    #

  • Garrett Honeycutt at Jan 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm