vmware how
to allocate hostname and install puppet agent on that node automatically.
Thanks :)

  • Dan White at Jan 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    What do you use to provision ?

    I am still working with non-virtual servers and I use Cobbler to install / configure Puppet

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Nilesh" <nilesh.chaudhary7@gmail.com>
    To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
    Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:13:23 AM
    Subject: [Puppet Users] How to automate agent installation on nodes

    Hello Everyone

    Can anyone please let me know once I am done with VM provisioing with vmware how
    to allocate hostname and install puppet agent on that node automatically.
    Thanks :)

  • Nilesh at Jan 4, 2013 at 7:23 am
    Thanks for the reply :)

    I am using vCenter as a provisioing engin .

    I will try this option and let you know ...

    I am still working with non-virtual servers and I use Cobbler to install /
    configure Puppet

    “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
    in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    Can anyone please let me know once I am done with VM provisioing with
    vmware how
    to allocate hostname and install puppet agent on that node automatically.
    Thanks :)

    For more options, visit this group at
  • Ohad Levy at Jan 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm

    I am using vCenter as a provisioing engin .

    I will try this option and let you know ...
    You can try Foreman[1], which among of its features, it creates your vm,
    install its os and deploy puppet, later on it can monitor your puppet
    service and of course, tell puppet which classes to apply.
    cheers,
    Ohad

    [1] theforeman.org