Can I use a template in site.pp?

I have a templates directory in my /etc/puppet directory which has my
template, but i get this error message:
Wed Dec 19 09:19:23 -0800 2012 Puppet (err): Could not retrieve catalog
from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not find template
'server.xml.erb' at /etc/puppet/manifests/tcuser.pp:52 on node
qa-bruckner.corp.certifydatasystems.com

Do I have to configure puppet master somehow to let it know that there is
content in that directory?

TIA.

R,
rahul

  • Denmat at Dec 19, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    Hi,

    I'm pretty sure there is a template directory config option in puppet conf
    which would default to /var/lib/puppet/templates (you'll need to verify
    this because I can't at the moment).

    If so you should be able to pass that on the command line like so,
    puppet agent --templatedir <path> <options>

    Of course you can go on to use modules which expects to find templates in
    the modules template directory.

    This is assuming your declaration looks okay, you haven't included your
    manifest details.

    THT,
    Den
    I have a templates directory in my /etc/puppet directory which has my
    template, but i get this error message:
    Wed Dec 19 09:19:23 -0800 2012 Puppet (err): Could not retrieve catalog
    from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not find template
    'server.xml.erb' at /etc/puppet/manifests/tcuser.pp:52 on node
    qa-bruckner.corp.certifydatasystems.com

    Do I have to configure puppet master somehow to let it know that there is
    content in that directory?

    TIA.

    R,
    rahul

  • R.I.Pienaar at Dec 19, 2012 at 5:33 pm

    I have a templates directory in my /etc/puppet directory which has my
    template, but i get this error message:
    Wed Dec 19 09:19:23 -0800 2012 Puppet (err): Could not retrieve
    catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not find
    template 'server.xml.erb' at /etc/puppet/manifests/tcuser.pp:52 on
    node qa-bruckner.corp.certifydatasystems.com

    Do I have to configure puppet master somehow to let it know that
    there is content in that directory?
    set templatedir in your configuration file in the [master] section to
    a directory full of templates.

    But you really should use modules and not just classes or site.pp like this

  • Rahul Somasunderam at Dec 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    Thanks!