How can I get Puppet to recursively set permissions of a directory, so that
the directory and all subdirectories have move 0755 but the files in the
directory have mode 0644? When I use the recurse => true option, it sets
the files in the directory to executable as well.

  • Robert Rothenberg at Dec 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm

    How can I get Puppet to recursively set permissions of a directory, so
    that the directory and all subdirectories have move 0755 but the files in
    the directory have mode 0644? When I use the recurse => true option, it
    sets the files in the directory to executable as well.

    I should add that if I set the directories to mode 0644, then the
    directory and subdirectories don't have search permissions either.

  • Ellison Marks at Dec 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm
    Perhaps this bug?
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/10269
    Though this was fixed in 2.7.7... I'm not entirely clear as to what version
    you're on.