Hi all,

I want to do some code reuse, and modules seem overkill. Is it possible to
have something like this?

A file called myuser.pp
class myuser {
user {...}
file {...}

Then in site.pp have this:
node 'foo.example.com' {
include myuser
.. other things ..
}

node 'bar.example.com' {
include myuser
.. other things ..
}

When I try this, I get a class not found: myuser (HTTP/400) error. Is there
a simpler way to do this?

R,
rahul

  • Ellison Marks at Dec 18, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    You want 'import'. Do note that it is fairly discouraged.
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/3/reference/lang_import.html

    On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:09:33 AM UTC-8,
    I want to do some code reuse, and modules seem overkill. Is it possible to
    have something like this?

    A file called myuser.pp
    class myuser {
    user {...}
    file {...}

    Then in site.pp have this:
    node 'foo.example.com' {
    include myuser
    .. other things ..
    }

    node 'bar.example.com' {
    include myuser
    .. other things ..
    }

    When I try this, I get a class not found: myuser (HTTP/400) error. Is
    there a simpler way to do this?

    R,
    rahul
  • Rsom at Dec 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    Thanks!
[...]

  • Calvin Walton at Dec 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm