I am using below script to move files from puppet master to puppet agent.
file { "/usr/local/temp":
ensure => "file",
source => "puppet:///files/temp",
mode => 777,
}
If I use this script, file always transferring from master to agent.
But my requirement like, if is there any changes in file then only have to
transfer file from puppet master to puppet agent.
Is it possible can you me any as early as possible ?.

With Regards,
Krishna.

  • 薛 鹏飞 at Dec 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    Sincerely,
    Pengfei Xue

    在 2012-12-17,下午8:03,krishna bhaskara rao <krishna748@gmail.com> 写道:
    Hi,

    I am using below script to move files from puppet master to puppet agent.
    file { "/usr/local/temp":
    ensure => "file",
    source => "puppet:///files/temp",
    mode => 777,
    }
    If I use this script, file always transferring from master to agent.
    But my requirement like, if is there any changes in file then only have to transfer file from puppet master to puppet agent.
    Is it possible can you me any as early as possible ?.
    i search mail list, and find this, you can add checksum => md5 to your file resource, this will ask for updating only if the file changed
    With Regards,
    Krishna.

  • Jcbollinger at Dec 18, 2012 at 2:33 pm