Are there any good guides out there to using Puppet agents with a
dedicated, separate ruby install? Our apps are all Ruby based and require
different versions than Puppet. Installing the agent from a package will
override our ruby installs.

  • Michael Stahnke at Dec 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm

    Are there any good guides out there to using Puppet agents with a dedicated,
    separate ruby install? Our apps are all Ruby based and require different
    versions than Puppet. Installing the agent from a package will override our
    ruby installs.
    Just a note that this is one of the features of Puppet Enterprise. It
    is setup with it's own Ruby.

    You can certainly do this too. I am not aware of guides though.
  • Matthias Viehweger at Dec 12, 2012 at 10:59 pm
    Hi Alexander!