I'd like to be able to load my puppet reports generated on my Puppet
production server onto my Puppet development server using dashboard, I
rsync the directory for my reports from the Puppet production host,
from /etc/puppet/reports, to the development server.

It doesn't appear that the development server picks up the reports to
be displayed in dashboard. Is there a way to get this to work? or is
there a better overall strategy to do puppet reporting when my
dashboard or reporting structure sits outside of production.

I appreciate any help or guidance on how others might be dealing with
this issue in reporting on Production host, thanks.

  • Llowder at Dec 11, 2012 at 10:08 pm

    I'd like to be able to load my puppet reports generated on my Puppet
    production server onto my Puppet development server using dashboard, I
    rsync the directory for my reports from the Puppet production host,
    from /etc/puppet/reports, to the development server.

    It doesn't appear that the development server picks up the reports to
    be displayed in dashboard. Is there a way to get this to work? or is
    there a better overall strategy to do puppet reporting when my
    dashboard or reporting structure sits outside of production.
    That should work, but refer to
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/dashboard/manual/1.2/maintaining.html#importing-pre-existing-reports
    and have that task run after you sync,

    If you are using a different version of dashbaord, refer to the docs for
    that one.

    I appreciate any help or guidance on how others might be dealing with
    this issue in reporting on Production host, thanks.
  • GregC at Dec 11, 2012 at 10:37 pm
    This is fixed problem was permissions on /etc/puppet/reports, made reports
    directory 775.