Hello,

I've got a module with an 'init.pp' like so:

class test_backend {

exec {'reset':

refreshonly => true,

command => 'C:\blah.exe',

And I declare a defined resource type 'cmd.pp' below:

define test_backend::cmd($var1, $var2) {

file {'$var1':

ensure => file,

content => $var2,

notify => Test_backend::Exec['reset'],

And this is what I get:

Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependent Test_backend::Exec[reset]
for File[bobloblaw]

How should I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Reginald

  • Llowder at Dec 10, 2012 at 9:40 pm

    I've got a module with an 'init.pp' like so:

    class test_backend {

    exec {'reset':

    refreshonly => true,

    command => 'C:\blah.exe',

    And I declare a defined resource type 'cmd.pp' below:

    define test_backend::cmd($var1, $var2) {

    file {'$var1':

    ensure => file,

    content => $var2,

    notify => Test_backend::Exec['reset'],

    And this is what I get:

    Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependent
    Test_backend::Exec[reset] for File[bobloblaw]

    Did you "include test_backend" or "class { 'test_backend': }" anywhere?

    How should I go about doing this?

    Thanks,
    Reginald
  • Reginald Choudari at Dec 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm
    In the defined type, no I did not. Is that required for a defined typed
    declared as a child of the class's scope?
    I've got a module with an 'init.pp' like so:

    class test_backend {

    exec {'reset':

    refreshonly => true,

    command => 'C:\blah.exe',

    And I declare a defined resource type 'cmd.pp' below:

    define test_backend::cmd($var1, $var2) {

    file {'$var1':

    ensure => file,

    content => $var2,

    notify => Test_backend::Exec['reset'],

    And this is what I get:

    Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependent
    Test_backend::Exec[reset] for File[bobloblaw]

    Did you "include test_backend" or "class { 'test_backend': }" anywhere?

    How should I go about doing this?

    Thanks,
    Reginald
  • Llowder at Dec 10, 2012 at 10:14 pm

    In the defined type, no I did not. Is that required for a defined typed
    declared as a child of the class's scope?
    If you want to notify some resource, it has to be included in that catalog
    somewhere. So either in that define, or your node def from the ENC, you
    will have to also include that class.

    I've got a module with an 'init.pp' like so:

    class test_backend {

    exec {'reset':

    refreshonly => true,

    command => 'C:\blah.exe',

    And I declare a defined resource type 'cmd.pp' below:

    define test_backend::cmd($var1, $var2) {

    file {'$var1':

    ensure => file,

    content => $var2,

    notify => Test_backend::Exec['reset'],

    And this is what I get:

    Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependent
    Test_backend::Exec[reset] for File[bobloblaw]

    Did you "include test_backend" or "class { 'test_backend': }" anywhere?

    How should I go about doing this?

    Thanks,
    Reginald
  • Jcbollinger at Dec 11, 2012 at 2:15 pm