OK I'm getting mad.

All of a sudden after a few mods I received this error from the
puppet_master.

I reverted all the changes done up to a last working set but no prize still
this error and I cannot understand what is happening it seems that it
manages to finish the catalog but than it stops.

Here is a chunk of the output any idea on ohw to raise the level of debug
and getting something more useful?
Puppet version 3.0.0
Thanks
Luca

Compiled catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local in environment
production in 1.53 seconds
Info: Caching catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local
Debug: Searched for resources in 0.01 seconds
Error: can't instantiate uninitialized class
Debug: Finishing transaction 69873076055740

  • Jcbollinger at Dec 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

    All of a sudden after a few mods I received this error from the
    puppet_master.

    I reverted all the changes done up to a last working set but no prize
    still this error and I cannot understand what is happening it seems that it
    manages to finish the catalog but than it stops.

    Here is a chunk of the output any idea on ohw to raise the level of debug
    and getting something more useful?
    Puppet version 3.0.0
    Thanks
    Luca

    Compiled catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local in environment
    production in 1.53 seconds
    Info: Caching catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local
    Debug: Searched for resources in 0.01 seconds
    Error: can't instantiate uninitialized class
    Debug: Finishing transaction 69873076055740

    That error message is being emitted by the agent, not the master. Run the
    agent with the --debug flag to get the most detailed information available,
    but it looks like you may already be doing that.

    That doesn't look like a Puppet error message, however. Puppet doesn't
    have a sense of "initializing" classes, nor really of "instantiating"
    them. The latter, especially, is an OO concept, and Puppet's "classes" are
    not classes in the OO sense.

    I would guess, therefore, that the error is being emitted at a lower level
    of the software stack, probably in Ruby itself. If it's there then it
    could arise from a Puppet bug, a Ruby bug, or an incompatibility between
    Puppet and your Ruby implementation. Which Ruby is that, by the way?

    John

  • Luca Gioppo at Dec 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm
    Ruby version 1.8.7 on both master and agent.

    But on the agent I get:
    Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
    can't instantiate uninitialized class
    Debug: Using cached catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local
    Using cached catalog

    So the problem should be in the puppet master and not in the agent.

    Luca

    All of a sudden after a few mods I received this error from the
    puppet_master.

    I reverted all the changes done up to a last working set but no prize
    still this error and I cannot understand what is happening it seems that it
    manages to finish the catalog but than it stops.

    Here is a chunk of the output any idea on ohw to raise the level of debug
    and getting something more useful?
    Puppet version 3.0.0
    Thanks
    Luca

    Compiled catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local in environment
    production in 1.53 seconds
    Info: Caching catalog for jbossm.cortile.cloudlabcsi.local
    Debug: Searched for resources in 0.01 seconds
    Error: can't instantiate uninitialized class
    Debug: Finishing transaction 69873076055740
  • Jcbollinger at Dec 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm