FAQ
Hi all,
I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
subject. That left me with the following questions:

how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
possibilities I to be receiving this error?

I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
servers have not internet access.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/3uyHbyNo8PMJ.
To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Diogo Martinez at Dec 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm
    to complete, im using puppet 3 on centos 5.6
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo Martinez
    escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
    until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
    days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
    subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/7uOmKGbtXD0J.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Fran Rodríguez at Dec 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm
    Puppetmaster has to sign the agent certificated, if you do:

    puppetca list

    Normally, you wiill see something interesting. After that, with puppetca
    sign, you will sign the certificate from agent. This is the normal process
    so you could do the test command without that error.

    Cheers
    On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 17:57:13 UTC+1, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    to complete, im using puppet 3 on centos 5.6
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo Martinez
    escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
    until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
    days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
    subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/pMB7FbYoEY0J.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Jcbollinger at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:07 pm

    On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:16:58 AM UTC-6, Diogo Martinez wrote:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
    until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
    days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
    subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.
    That error probably indicates either that the puppetmaster process is no
    longer running (on the master), or that connections to it are being blocked
    by the firewall.


    John

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/hc3aHu7fAy0J.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Diogo Martinez at Dec 6, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    The solutions went start master pid and redo the ssl certificates with
    puppet cert clean host_name and deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl.

    thanks Fran and Jc!!!
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo Martinez
    escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
    until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
    days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
    subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/ayaaMisQ6F4J.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Doug at Jan 23, 2013 at 12:03 am
    Hi Diogo

    I have this same issue.

    I don't quite understand your message, could you please help me?

    You say to fix it you:

    -restart puppet master
    -run puppetca --clean 'host_name'
    -deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl

    1. Is that right?

    2. Which host do you delete var/lib/puppet/ssl on?

    Many thanks

    On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:18:33 AM UTC+11, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    The solutions went start master pid and redo the ssl certificates with
    puppet cert clean host_name and deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl.

    thanks Fran and Jc!!!
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo Martinez
    escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute
    until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3
    days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in
    subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/v1fyCfCiCCEJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Diogo Martinez at Jan 23, 2013 at 10:24 am
    Hi Doug

    Sorry my bad English.
    I executed this commands:

    1. puppet cert clean<agent-hostname> -

    2. rm -rf $(puppet agent --configprint ssldir)

    Do you run master init shell script?

    2013/1/22 Doug <douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au>
    Hi Diogo

    I have this same issue.

    I don't quite understand your message, could you please help me?

    You say to fix it you:

    -restart puppet master
    -run puppetca --clean 'host_name'
    -deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl

    1. Is that right?

    2. Which host do you delete var/lib/puppet/ssl on?

    Many thanks

    On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:18:33 AM UTC+11, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    The solutions went start master pid and redo the ssl certificates with puppet cert clean host_name and deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl.

    thanks Fran and Jc!!!
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo Martinez escreveu:

    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I execute until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2 or 3 days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error in subject. That left me with the following questions:

    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on master?

    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the possibilities I to be receiving this error?

    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that servers have not internet access.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/v1fyCfCiCCEJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Douglas Nethery at Jan 23, 2013 at 11:46 pm
    Not at all! Thanks for your help.

    End to end for anyone else with this issue:

    Stopping puppetd on the client,
    deleting the ssl dir on the client,
    restarting puppetd on the client,
    resigning the cert request on the master with puppetca,
    and puppetrun from master to host fixed it.

    On 23 January 2013 21:24, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    Hi Doug

    Sorry my bad English.
    I executed this commands:

    1. puppet cert clean<agent-hostname> -

    2. rm -rf $(puppet agent --configprint ssldir)

    Do you run master init shell script?

    2013/1/22 Doug <douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au>
    Hi Diogo

    I have this same issue.

    I don't quite understand your message, could you please help me?

    You say to fix it you:

    -restart puppet master
    -run puppetca --clean 'host_name'
    -deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl

    1. Is that right?

    2. Which host do you delete var/lib/puppet/ssl on?

    Many thanks

    On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:18:33 AM UTC+11, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    The solutions went start master pid and redo the ssl certificates with
    puppet cert clean host_name and deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl.
    thanks Fran and Jc!!!
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo
    Martinez escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I
    execute until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2
    or 3 days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error
    in subject. That left me with the following questions:
    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on
    master?
    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?
    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is that
    servers have not internet access.
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/v1fyCfCiCCEJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

    --

    *Douglas Nethery*

    *
    *

    *
    *

    *Developer, Frontier Team | **frontier.aapt.com.au*

    E

    douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au

    W

    aapt.com.au<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aapt.com.au%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUEaP7OBbYuecTibCJKGyFeJKllQ>

    *AAPT Ltd. Ground Floor, 30 Ross St, Glebe. 2077*

    This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended
    recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not
    copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Diogo Martinez at Jan 24, 2013 at 10:21 am
    That commands were to delete the ssl dir. Really when i executed, puppet is
    stoped.
    I have been installed puppet by tarball, then I have a script to start
    master and agent.

    2013/1/23 Douglas Nethery <douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au>
    Not at all! Thanks for your help.

    End to end for anyone else with this issue:

    Stopping puppetd on the client,
    deleting the ssl dir on the client,
    restarting puppetd on the client,
    resigning the cert request on the master with puppetca,
    and puppetrun from master to host fixed it.

    On 23 January 2013 21:24, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    Hi Doug

    Sorry my bad English.
    I executed this commands:

    1. puppet cert clean<agent-hostname> -

    2. rm -rf $(puppet agent --configprint ssldir)

    Do you run master init shell script?

    2013/1/22 Doug <douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au>
    Hi Diogo

    I have this same issue.

    I don't quite understand your message, could you please help me?

    You say to fix it you:

    -restart puppet master
    -run puppetca --clean 'host_name'
    -deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl

    1. Is that right?

    2. Which host do you delete var/lib/puppet/ssl on?

    Many thanks

    On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:18:33 AM UTC+11, Diogo Martinez wrote:

    The solutions went start master pid and redo the ssl certificates with
    puppet cert clean host_name and deleting var/lib/puppet/ssl.
    thanks Fran and Jc!!!
    Em quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2012 08h16min58s UTC-2, Diogo
    Martinez escreveu:
    Hi all,
    I am new at puppet and Im using the puppet learning tutorial. I
    execute until Basic agent/master puppet. Everything worked ok but after 2
    or 3 days, running the command "puppet agent --test", start throw the error
    in subject. That left me with the following questions:
    how to puppet agent connect to master without service started on
    master?
    If this connection is possible ( worked firsts times )what are the
    possibilities I to be receiving this error?
    I needed install puppet using tarball because a business rules is
    that servers have not internet access.
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad English.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/v1fyCfCiCCEJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

    --

    *Douglas Nethery*

    *
    *

    *
    *

    *Developer, Frontier Team | **frontier.aapt.com.au*

    E

    douglas.nethery@aapt.com.au

    W

    aapt.com.au<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aapt.com.au%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUEaP7OBbYuecTibCJKGyFeJKllQ>

    *AAPT Ltd. Ground Floor, 30 Ross St, Glebe. 2077*

    This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended
    recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not
    copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it.




    --

    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.

    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.

    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.


    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedDec 5, '12 at 2:50p
activeJan 24, '13 at 10:21a
posts9
users4
websitepuppetlabs.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase