Hello Guys,
I'm beginning use puppet (v.3.0.1) in OS Linux (Centos) , I have simple
question with my configuration . I actually i have puppet-master and
puppet-node in the master have declared the class but these no are applied
in my node (I'm not sure for this point is the correct form for do this)

For example:

*Folder in Master server*

[root@master users]# ls /etc/puppet/modules/users/
manifests/init.pp run/init.pp

*Content master init.pp*

[root@master manifests]# cat init.pp

class users {
user { 'pam':
ensure => present,

*Content run init.pp*
*
*
[root@master users]# cat run/init.pp

include users

*Check class from master is ok*

[root@master users]# puppet apply --noop run/init.pp
/Stage[main]/Users/User[pam]/ensure: current_value absent, should be
present (noop)
Class[Users]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
Stage[main]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds

*I check class from agent but is not created**
*
*
[root@nodo1 ~]# puppet agent --server=master.example.com --no-daemonize
--verbose --onetime
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Caching catalog for nodo1.example.com
Info: Applying configuration version '1353235323'
Finished catalog run in 0.02 seconds

*Really i'm not sure that this is a correct command for this action.

Best regards.

  • Jakov Sosic at Dec 2, 2012 at 11:02 pm

    /Stage[main]/Users/User[pam]/ensure: current_value absent, should be
    present (noop)
    Class[Users]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
    Stage[main]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
    Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    _I check class from agent but is not created*_
    _
    _
    [root@nodo1 ~]# puppet agent --server=master.example.com --no-daemonize
    --verbose --onetime
    Info: Retrieving plugin
    Info: Caching catalog for nodo1.example.com
    Info: Applying configuration version '1353235323'
    Finished catalog run in 0.02 seconds
    It seems as if your class "users" is not included in your node
    definition, or the resource is already applied.

    --
    Jakov Sosic
    www.srce.unizg.hr

  • Chad Huneycutt at Dec 3, 2012 at 7:09 pm
    Hi Jakov,

    /etc/puppet/modules/users/run/manifests/init.pp is not going to get applied.

    A couple things.

    * Somewhere in your manifests you need to have a 'node' definition.
    Compilation starts with your manifest, which is
    /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp . You can either put node definitions
    in that file, or import other files.

    * All module manifest code should be in the module's manifests
    directory: '<modulepath>/<mymodule>/manifests'. The 'run'
    subdirectory you have in your users module cannot be reached unless
    you 'import' it manually, which is not a recommended best practice.

    Hope that helps,
    Chad
    /Stage[main]/Users/User[pam]/ensure: current_value absent, should be
    present (noop)
    Class[Users]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
    Stage[main]: Would have triggered 'refresh' from 1 events
    Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    _I check class from agent but is not created*_
    _

    _
    [root@nodo1 ~]# puppet agent --server=master.example.com --no-daemonize
    --verbose --onetime
    Info: Retrieving plugin
    Info: Caching catalog for nodo1.example.com
    Info: Applying configuration version '1353235323'
    Finished catalog run in 0.02 seconds

    It seems as if your class "users" is not included in your node definition,
    or the resource is already applied.

    --
    Jakov Sosic
    www.srce.unizg.hr