Hello,

I would like to dump into a single file (via an erb template for example)
all keys and values from a hiera hierarchy. My use case is to share this
generated file with applications configuration (java, php, nodejs, ...).

How can do this? Is this the right way to do it?
Is there a way to get all keys from hiera ?

Thanks,
Olivier.

  • Dominik Żyła at Nov 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    Hello,

    I would like to dump into a single file (via an erb template for example)
    all keys and values from a hiera hierarchy. My use case is to share this
    generated file with applications configuration (java, php, nodejs, ...).

    How can do this? Is this the right way to do it?
    Is there a way to get all keys from hiera ?

    I would just use Ruby to parse hiera yaml files to collect all the keys
    and it's values. Then generating templates would be easy.

    Best,
    --
    Dominik Żyła