Hello all,

I'm fairly new to puppet and in the majority a windows shop

I have two questions

1.) As windows syntax is slight different than linux syntax, how do I
create a new line within a bit of content, e.g. hosts file "for windows not
linux"

e.g.

file {'c:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts':
content =>
"127.0.0.1 puppet.office \n
127.0.0.1 puppet8081.office",
}

As it seems to ignore the \n

2.) also can you append to a file, for example your base machines get the
standard host file and futher down the tree it goes it might get host
entries amended to it.

Kind Regards

James

  • Josh Cooper at Nov 20, 2012 at 6:31 pm
    Hi James,