I was going through the open bugs and came across an interesting one[1],
where if a node has a certain name, and includes a class of the same name,
the class doesn't get loaded.

I did discover a workaround - two of them, actually.

However, I was somewhat curious. Is this something people do?

The example listed in the bug report was a node named 'centos' and
including a class named 'centos'.

If this is a pattern you use (having a node and class name match) could you
please let me know?

Thanks.

[1] http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/1372

  • KomodoDave at Nov 21, 2012 at 6:37 am
    Instead of *"is this something you do"* should the question not instead be *"is
    this something that should break"*?

    Unless the nested resource has the same resource type and namevar as the
    outer resource, this seems like it *should* work.

    Dave
    I was going through the open bugs and came across an interesting one[1],
    where if a node has a certain name, and includes a class of the same name,
    the class doesn't get loaded.

    I did discover a workaround - two of them, actually.

    However, I was somewhat curious. Is this something people do?

    The example listed in the bug report was a node named 'centos' and
    including a class named 'centos'.

    If this is a pattern you use (having a node and class name match) could
    you please let me know?

    Thanks.

    [1] http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/1372
  • Jcbollinger at Nov 26, 2012 at 5:04 pm