Dear Puppet Labs

I recently upgraded dashboard from 1.2.2 to 1.2.14. It was somewhat painful
given the number of orphaned records that needed purging during database
conversion

Some weeks later, my 20 Gb mysql partition fills up with what should be a
1.5 Gb database. I assumed that with the orphaned record script being
created, the purging old records would no longer create orphaned records in
1.2.14

I was wrong, and see it is documented for PE (
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/2.0/welcome_known_issues.html#consoles-reportsprune-task-leaves-orphaned-data)
but not in the open source dashboard (
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/dashboard/manual/1.2/maintaining.html)

Can you please save others my experience and update the open source page?
I've created https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17712 for this request

Thanks

John

  • David Schmitt at Nov 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

[...]

    Also keep in mind that mysql is unable to release table space once it has
    allocated it.

    Best Regards, David

  • John Warburton at Nov 19, 2012 at 10:18 pm