I am a little confused :) Couple of questions:

Is the puppet DB the same as the inventory DB ?

If so, can I have all my puppet masters pointing to the same DB and point
dashboard at this DB so I can see all my puppet nodes and inventory through
one puppet-dashboard?

If not, then what is the difference between the puppet DB and the inventory
DB?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Oli

  • Felipe Salum at Nov 18, 2012 at 10:07 pm
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1/using.html#using-the-inventory-service

    If you are using puppetdb backend you just need to enable the dashboard
    inventory service and it will automatically get the inventory information
    from puppetdb. No more need to add those mysql settings on puppet.conf for
    the inventory service.
    I am a little confused :) Couple of questions:

    Is the puppet DB the same as the inventory DB ?

    If so, can I have all my puppet masters pointing to the same DB and point
    dashboard at this DB so I can see all my puppet nodes and inventory through
    one puppet-dashboard?

    If not, then what is the difference between the puppet DB and the
    inventory DB?

    Thanks in advance

    Cheers,
    Oli
  • Vioilly at Nov 19, 2012 at 10:16 am
    Perfect. Thank you - I actually came across this URL and have read through
    it. Thanks for your reply