Hi group,

I'm in the process of migrating a puppetmaster to a new host, and didn't
want to have to manually add in my classes and group configs in the console.
So I was looking into the console db, and it appears to hold all the info
on nodes classes and groups. So my question is this: Is it feasible to
dump the console db on the old master and restore it on the new master?
Yes this is puppet enterprise.

thanks for taking the time to read this..

-mike

  • Mike Skint at Nov 20, 2012 at 5:11 pm
    for anyone that is interested a much simpler method to accomplish this is
    to use rake tasks to modify the classes and node groups.
    It's easily scripted..