Can I have multiple puppet masters speaking to 1 puppet dashboard?

Cheers,
Oli

  • Llowder at Nov 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

    On Friday, November 16, 2012 6:10:33 AM UTC-6, vioilly wrote:
    Hi,

    Can I have multiple puppet masters speaking to 1 puppet dashboard?
    I don't see why not, just need to configure each one to send the reports.

    If you are using the inventory service or the ENC it might get a little
    complicated but from what I have seen it shouldn't be too bad.

    Just as a disclaimer, I only run with one master, so I could be rather off
    base here.

    Cheers,
    Oli

  • John Dixon at Nov 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm

    If you are using the inventory service or the ENC it might get a little
    complicated but from what I have seen it shouldn't be too bad.

    Just as a disclaimer, I only run with one master, so I could be rather off
    base here.

    Cheers,
    Oli
    We use one dashboard and have 3 masters, one per location. The masters are
    not even using the same ca. Less than ideal, but it works and leaves us
    some room for improvement. We do not use the inventory service or ENC with
    dashboard.

  • Oliver Leach at Nov 16, 2012 at 5:40 pm
    This sounds like what I want. I have different production networks and I
    was hoping I could have one master looking after each production network
    and all masters using the 1 dashboard. Each of the masters could be their
    own ca for their respective production networks which could work well. How
    would you point all the masters to the one dashboard? Does the dashboard
    display all the puppet nodes for all master?

    Thanks for your help!

    Oli