FAQ
Hi,

I created a custom function named debug_msg() which could used to send
different kind of debug messages straight from the manifest.
It can be used something like:

debug_msg("notice","NOTICE message")
debug_msg("debug", "Send as a debug message")

More information can be found here:
http://blog.abhijeetr.com/2012/11/execute-ruby-code-from-within-puppet.html

Shouldn't this be included in the standard puppet? Or if it's helpful,
why isn't it already included? Or is it already there and it's just that
I don't know it?

--
Cheers,
Abhijeet R
http://blog.abhijeetr.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Abhijeet R at Nov 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm
    Sorry, the code for the custom function is:

    Puppet::Parser::Functions::newfunction(:debug_msg, :type => :statement,
    :doc => "
    Send messages to a particular debug level
    ") do |vals|

    $level, $code_to_execute = vals
    $possible_levels =
    ["debug","info","notice","warning","err","alert","emerg","crit"]
    if $possible_levels.include? $level
    else
    raise(ArgumentError, 'Must specify proper debug type. It can be
    either "debug","info","notice","warning","err","alert","emerg" or
    "crit" ')
    end
    $dummy = function_inline_template("<% " + "Puppet." + $level + "(\""
    + $code_to_execute + "\")" + "%>")
    end
    On Fri 16 Nov 2012 10:46:38 PM IST, Abhijeet R wrote:
    Hi,

    I created a custom function named debug_msg() which could used to send
    different kind of debug messages straight from the manifest.
    It can be used something like:

    debug_msg("notice","NOTICE message")
    debug_msg("debug", "Send as a debug message")

    More information can be found here:
    http://blog.abhijeetr.com/2012/11/execute-ruby-code-from-within-puppet.html


    Shouldn't this be included in the standard puppet? Or if it's helpful,
    why isn't it already included? Or is it already there and it's just
    that I don't know it?
    --
    Cheers,
    Abhijeet R
    http://blog.abhijeetr.com

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Rajul Vora at Nov 16, 2012 at 5:36 pm
    Aren't all of these functions already available?

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html

    Rajul
    On Friday, November 16, 2012 9:22:57 AM UTC-8, Abhijeet Rastogi wrote:

    Sorry, the code for the custom function is:

    Puppet::Parser::Functions::newfunction(:debug_msg, :type => :statement,
    :doc => "
    Send messages to a particular debug level
    ") do |vals|

    $level, $code_to_execute = vals
    $possible_levels =
    ["debug","info","notice","warning","err","alert","emerg","crit"]
    if $possible_levels.include? $level
    else
    raise(ArgumentError, 'Must specify proper debug type. It can be
    either "debug","info","notice","warning","err","alert","emerg" or
    "crit" ')
    end
    $dummy = function_inline_template("<% " + "Puppet." + $level + "(\""
    + $code_to_execute + "\")" + "%>")
    end
    On Fri 16 Nov 2012 10:46:38 PM IST, Abhijeet R wrote:
    Hi,

    I created a custom function named debug_msg() which could used to send
    different kind of debug messages straight from the manifest.
    It can be used something like:

    debug_msg("notice","NOTICE message")
    debug_msg("debug", "Send as a debug message")

    More information can be found here:
    http://blog.abhijeetr.com/2012/11/execute-ruby-code-from-within-puppet.html

    Shouldn't this be included in the standard puppet? Or if it's helpful,
    why isn't it already included? Or is it already there and it's just
    that I don't know it?
    --
    Cheers,
    Abhijeet R
    http://blog.abhijeetr.com
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/-t69u_QMC_gJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Abhijeet R at Nov 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    Oh, for some reason, I missed that. They are already available. I am
    new to puppet. I should really read all the reference before doing
    things myself.

    Sorry for the trouble guys. I wish I could delete the irrelevant post
    but this is a ML. :(
    On Fri 16 Nov 2012 11:06:49 PM IST, Rajul Vora wrote:
    Aren't all of these functions already available?

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html

    Rajul
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedNov 16, '12 at 5:22p
activeNov 16, '12 at 5:41p
posts4
users2
websitepuppetlabs.com

2 users in discussion

Abhijeet R: 3 posts Rajul Vora: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase