Hi guys,

I have a strange situation. I've got 1 dashboard MySQL DB accessed from 3
different dashboard hosts. Strangely enough, 2 of them show the right node
statuses, and the third one just shows all nodes as unresponsive.

As far as I know, the status comes from the "nodes" table in the DB, so how
can this happen? Is there some cache I need to clear? Is there another
source for this information?

Dashboard version is 1.2.5.

Thanks!
Karim

  • Ellison Marks at Nov 9, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    The actual display of unresponsive nodes in dashboard is indeed based on
    the last time a node ran, but it's controlled by a setting in dashboard's
    settings.yaml file. Not sure what you're on, but on centos, that would be
    /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/config/settings.yaml, and look for the
    no_longer_reporting_cutoff setting. If that's set too low, you'll get a lot
    of unresponsive nodes in dashboard.
    I have a strange situation. I've got 1 dashboard MySQL DB accessed from 3
    different dashboard hosts. Strangely enough, 2 of them show the right node
    statuses, and the third one just shows all nodes as unresponsive.

    As far as I know, the status comes from the "nodes" table in the DB, so
    how can this happen? Is there some cache I need to clear? Is there another
    source for this information?

    Dashboard version is 1.2.5.

    Thanks!
    Karim
  • Efrakt at Dec 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm
    Make sure that puppet-dashboard-workers service is running, otherwise all
    hosts will appear unresponsive and your pending tasks will keep increasing.