Hi all,

Not sure if anyone out there would be using HP-UX on PA-RISC but just in
case we've run into a real brick wall on this one.

We are apparently encountering exactly the same issue as this person did -
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/191987

We can get around the issue using the same workaround mentioned in the
above thread but it's not really a maintainable solution.

Does anyone have any further ideas of what could be stopping us from
compiling?

We're trying to compile ruby 1.8.7p352 on HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISC.

Best regards,
Alex Harvey

  • Michael Stahnke at Nov 5, 2012 at 5:27 am

    Not sure if anyone out there would be using HP-UX on PA-RISC but just in
    case we've run into a real brick wall on this one.

    We are apparently encountering exactly the same issue as this person did -
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/191987

    We can get around the issue using the same workaround mentioned in the above
    thread but it's not really a maintainable solution.

    Does anyone have any further ideas of what could be stopping us from
    compiling?

    We're trying to compile ruby 1.8.7p352 on HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISC.

    Best regards,
    Alex Harvey
    1. You may need to file a bug with ruby-lang.org
    2. Would static linking help at all with being maintainable?

  • Alex Harvey at Nov 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm