would remove such facts from there. It is possible to avoid this? Is it
possible to add custom facts by File to /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/. ?

Regards Dimitri

  • R.I.Pienaar at Oct 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Dmitry Nilsen" <dmitry.nilsen@googlemail.com>
    To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
    Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:13:01 AM
    Subject: [Puppet Users] pluginsync removes module specific facts

    Hi, I observe the issue ,that by turning pluginsync on, it is no more
    possible to store module specific facts to
    /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/. If some module has distributed some
    facts by File[] to /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/ (at the puppet server
    this facts are not in modulepath/lib/facter, but somewhere else),
    then a run with pluginsync would remove such facts from there. It is
    possible to avoid this? Is it possible to add custom facts by File
    to /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/. ?
    Why do you distribute facts with the file type?

    You should not be distributing facts using file{}, pluginsync can distribute
    all facts when they are stored in the modules lib dir

  • Dmitry Nilsen at Oct 27, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    because we have facts, that are module specific and only hosts should get
    them, that include this module. Pluginsync distribute ALL facts, doesn't
    matter if the modue is included in host configuration or not. Thats why we
    are diong it currenlty with File{}.