I've filled up my hard drive so I want to point /var/lib/puppet/reports to another volume.

I've change /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to match my needs:

#reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
reportdir = /VOL2/puppet/reports

after restarting puppet I see reports being stored in the same original place.

I am missing some step here?

thanks in advance,

--
Frank

  • Jeff McCune at Oct 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

    I've filled up my hard drive so I want to point /var/lib/puppet/reports to another volume.

    I've change /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to match my needs:

    #reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
    reportdir = /VOL2/puppet/reports

    after restarting puppet I see reports being stored in the same original place.

    I am missing some step here?
    And this has been added to the [main] or [master] section in the conf file?

    -Jeff

  • Frank at Oct 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm

    I've filled up my hard drive so I want to point /var/lib/puppet/reports to another volume.

    I've change /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to match my needs:

    #reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
    reportdir = /VOL2/puppet/reports

    after restarting puppet I see reports being stored in the same original place.

    I am missing some step here?
    And this has been added to the [main] or [master] section in the conf file?
    [user]

    I'm gonna try it on master section…
    -Jeff

  • Frank at Oct 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    solved! many thanks :)

    --
    Frank

    I've filled up my hard drive so I want to point /var/lib/puppet/reports to another volume.

    I've change /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to match my needs:

    #reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
    reportdir = /VOL2/puppet/reports

    after restarting puppet I see reports being stored in the same original place.

    I am missing some step here?
    And this has been added to the [main] or [master] section in the conf file?
    [user]

    I'm gonna try it on master section…
    -Jeff

  • Christopher Wood at Oct 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm
    Is there any particular reason you're not mounting a new volume under /var/lib/puppet/reports? That way you only have to customize at the disk/filesystem level, not in your application config.

    (I don't know why puppet might be doing this.)
    I've filled up my hard drive so I want to point /var/lib/puppet/reports to
    another volume.
    I've change /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to match my needs:
    #reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
    reportdir = /VOL2/puppet/reports
    after restarting puppet I see reports being stored in the same original
    place.
    I am missing some step here?
    thanks in advance,
    --
    Frank

  • Frank at Oct 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm

    Is there any particular reason you're not mounting a new volume under /var/lib/puppet/reports? That way you only have to customize at the disk/filesystem level, not in your application config.

    (I don't know why puppet might be doing this.)
    Well, in fact :) little weird but ok. Right now I'm running Puppet 2.7.19 and I'm gonna do this 'trick' until I have the time to migrate this to Puppet 3

    Thanks :)