Hi!

In a tight security environnement, we have to keep minimum access rights.
We found that /tmp/passenger.{pid}/backends is d-ws-wx-wx on root:root.
This directory is used by mod_passenger to keep execution queues.

Is it possible to limit those access rights?
Why is it world writable?
I'm wondering If somebody knows how to avoid keeping write access to the
world?

Thank you

  • Jeff McCune at Oct 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm

    In a tight security environnement, we have to keep minimum access rights.
    We found that /tmp/passenger.{pid}/backends is d-ws-wx-wx on root:root.
    This directory is used by mod_passenger to keep execution queues.

    Is it possible to limit those access rights?
    Why is it world writable?
    I'm wondering If somebody knows how to avoid keeping write access to the
    world?
    I'm not sure why the permissions are the way they are. Some basic google
    searches didn't help me understand the situation any more. These questions
    seem more suitable for the passenger discussion list at:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/phusion-passenger

    Hope this helps,
    -Jeff