Hi.

I've been working on a way to quickly create, share, and deploy puppet
recipes. It's called serverbishop and you can see it
here: http://serverbishop.com/.

Here is how it works: you create recipes visually,
like http://serverbishop.com/radu-spineanu/graphite-debian-squeeze. Each
recipe can be deployed using one command. That command downloads the
recipe and executes it locally. It does not connect servers to
ServerBishop. However you can send reports back to it. Recipes can be
public or private.

My vision is to create something like Github for Puppet, with repositories,
issues, and collaboration.

I'd love to get your input. If you're in the Bay Area and you have an hour
free I'd also love to buy you coffee/beers.

-Radu

  • Guzman Braso at Oct 23, 2012 at 4:46 am
    Hi!

    I like very much the visual interface :)

    It's importing recipes in the plan already?

    Most of us already have our recipes we would like to test with

    Thanks!

    Guzman
    I've been working on a way to quickly create, share, and deploy puppet
    recipes. It's called serverbishop and you can see it here:
    http://serverbishop.com/.

    Here is how it works: you create recipes visually, like
    http://serverbishop.com/radu-spineanu/graphite-debian-squeeze. Each
    recipe can be deployed using one command. That command downloads the
    recipe and executes it locally. It does not connect servers to
    ServerBishop. However you can send reports back to it. Recipes can be
    public or private.

    My vision is to create something like Github for Puppet, with
    repositories, issues, and collaboration.

    I'd love to get your input. If you're in the Bay Area and you have an hour
    free I'd also love to buy you coffee/beers.

    -Radu

    GuruHub - Guzmán Brasó
    http://www.guruhub.com.uy - +59898674020
    Rivera 3565 - CP11400 - Montevideo, Uruguay

  • Radu Spineanu at Oct 23, 2012 at 5:47 am
    Hi Guzmán,

    I'm really glad you like it. Yes, I'm planning to add support for importing
    modules. Though it will be limited at first (it will not support all the
    features of puppet's syntax language).

    -R.

    On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Radu Spineanu <radu.s...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I've been working on a way to quickly create, share, and deploy puppet
    recipes. It's called serverbishop and you can see it here:
    http://serverbishop.com/.

    Here is how it works: you create recipes visually, like
    http://serverbishop.com/radu-spineanu/graphite-debian-squeeze. Each
    recipe can be deployed using one command. That command downloads the
    recipe and executes it locally. It does not connect servers to
    ServerBishop. However you can send reports back to it. Recipes can be
    public or private.

    My vision is to create something like Github for Puppet, with
    repositories, issues, and collaboration.

    I'd love to get your input. If you're in the Bay Area and you have an
    hour free I'd also love to buy you coffee/beers.

    -Radu

    For more options, visit this group at

    GuruHub - Guzmán Brasó
    http://www.guruhub.com.uy - +59898674020
    Rivera 3565 - CP11400 - Montevideo, Uruguay
  • Radu Spineanu at Oct 24, 2012 at 7:50 am
    I've just pushed an update with basic and limited importing of modules.
    Based on feedback I've also added a fork feature faster than planned.

    -R.